We are all engaged in exploration. Testing is no exception - particularly if you're hunting for the unexpected. I've been thinking and writing about exploratory testing for years; it's often neglected in strategy and management, but a core and necessary testing practice. There is currently no book that focuses on Exploratory Testing techniques, or on how to manage and integrate it well. This page is a temporary holder for some of the things I've written - I'll add to it shortly with more writings and links to other people's work.
- Adventures in Session-based Testing.
- ET Notes - Why Exploration has a place in any Strategy
- ET Notes - Scripting and Exploring
Techniques and support
- A Positive View of Negative Testing.
- ET Notes - The Importance of being Judgemental
- ET Notes - What to Record
- ET Notes - Software testing diagram 1 and variants