Testing is a young discipline, in a fast-moving world. I've learnt a lot from my peers and colleagues, and I try to put something back in when I can. My involvement - sometimes paid, sometimes free, sometimes contributing money as well as time - has included:
- Paper 'Four exercises for teaching Exploratory Testing', with associated software and teaching notes, placed into the public domain for use by the community.
- Most papers put into the public domain. Recordings of most associated talks available on this website.
- Contributing participant in peer conferences: LEWT, WOPR/SWOPR, WHET, ExTRS, WTST, LAWST, AA-FTT.
- Facilitator / convenor / founder of LEWT.
- CAST sponsor: 2006, 2008
- Speaker at community conferences: SIGiST, SoftTest, ScotTest - contributing talks, tutorials, and special sessions.
- Open-source tools for working with session-based testing available through this website.
- ISEB Examiner / question designer for practitioner certificate in Software Testing. Question designer for foundation certificate in Software Testing. Contributor to Test Analyst syllabus for Software Testing Practitioner replacement. Member of ISEB Software Test Steering panel. Note: having worked with ISEB/BCS from 2002-2007, I've finished this role.